You will obviously be aware of announcements yesterday and today concerning delays of vaccine delivery.
It has been announced that there will be no vaccination of under-50’s until May when supplies resume to normal and the second jabs have been given.
The Government has said that all adults over twenty will receive vaccinations by the end of July.
Changes to vaccine supply in April
- Local vaccination service will continue to vaccinate over the coming weeks.
- All booked appointments at any vaccination service or centre will continue to take place unless you hear directly from the service team to rearrange. Please make sure you attend your appointment.
- If you are in one of the priority groups (50 and over, clinically extremely vulnerable, those with underlying health conditions, and unpaid carers) and you have NOT received your vaccination, please book TODAY.
You can arrange your appointment by:
- EITHER: Using the national booking service (via the website and calling 119) and booking an appointment at one of the vaccination services or pharmacy led services. There are appointments available before 29 March.
- OR: Wait to be contacted by your local vaccination service, or speak to your GP practice if you have concerns that you have not been contacted.
Second dose Appointments
Local vaccination services are also working to start arranging second dose appointments. The vaccine supply for these appointments is not affected and these appointments will continue to be arranged and take place.
It is obviously important that people get their second jab: this will increase the benefits of the vaccination further and give even greater protection against hospitalisation or death.
01892 852 389; 07817 130 653; firstname.lastname@example.org